There are a number of interesting correlations between traditional media and social media.
One of the core cross-over points is that many social media marketing campaigns are driven by massive traditional media projects.
There are occasionally true word-of-mouth and ‘viral’ success stories, but if you look at the details of most case studies you will discover a critical point where a mainstream media element took something a launched it into the tabloids.
With that in mind… look at the following infographic and think about the six power house media channels that control the national share of voice.
- GE (Comcast, NBC, Universal Pictures, Focus Features)
- News Corp (FOX, Wall Street Journal, New York Post)
- Disney (ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Miramax, Marvel Studios)
- Viacom (MTV, Nick Jr, BET, CMT, Paramount Pictures)
- Time Warner (CNN, HBO, TIME, Warner Bros)
- CBS (Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, NFL.com, Jeopardy, 60 minutes)